Sensory Strategies for the Home
Time & Location
About the Event
Join Balanced Child Pediatric Therapy's occupational therapist, Samantha Freas, OTR/L, for a free seminar on Sensory Strategies for the Home on March 23, 2021. This seminar provides general strategies for parents and caregivers of children who display sensory processing challenges which impact performance and independence with daily tasks.
Some signs to look for include:
- Difficulty transitioning between activities
- Frequent meltdowns and tantrums, especially those which are prolonged and triggered by sensory experiences, such as loud noises, certain food textures, bright lights, intense movement, etc.
- Difficulty maintaining attention and controlling impulses
- Frequent movement
- Seeks deep pressure, small spaces, climbs on furniture or other unsafe surfaces
- Difficulty controlling and managing emotions independently
- Challenges with coordination and/or delayed milestones (speech, motor, cognitive, etc.)
One-on-one consultations will be offered following the webinar for families to receive individualized coaching from Samantha Freas, OTR/L to address specific needs of their children and family.
We look forward to seeing you on March 23 for this informative and exciting event!